Widget background transparent

Featured Theme Forums TwentyFifteen Plus Widget background transparent

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zeaks 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Signe
    Participant

This has actually been the case since I got the theme, but it wasn’t a big deal so I forgot to follow up.

If you go and have a look at http://signecane.com/blog, at the bottom you’ll see that the widgets between the comment area and the footer don’t have a white background.

The effect remains in two browsers (Chrome/Fx), with all plugins deactivated, and with functions.php file restored to a non-customised version (I have one function that includes credit on the featured blog image).

Any idea what might be causing this?

The most strange is the fact that when I’m tweaking appearance in the Customizer, the background for the widgets shows up fine.

zeaks
    Keymaster

Hi Signe. I’m not able to reproduce the problem on my test site or the demo. For some reason the colors are not being applied to the footer widgets. If I view the source code I’m seeing

.footer-inside { background:; }
         #footer-widgets .widget a { color:; }
         #footer-widgets .widget-title, #footer-widgets .widget, .totop:before  { color:; }

This is what it should be

.footer-inside { background:#ffffff; }
         #footer-widgets .widget a { color:#333333; }
         #footer-widgets .widget-title, #footer-widgets .widget, .totop:before  { color:#333333; }

Try this. Visit Appearance > Customize, under colors select any color other than default and then click save. Refresh your site, then go back and set the color back to default and click save.

The theme defaults should of been applied when you activated the theme but it doesn’t look like they were.

If this doesn’t work let me know.

Signe
    Participant

Hey, that worked! Thank you very much :)

zeaks
    Keymaster

Great I’m glad it worked out. I’ll look into why the default settings are not being applied without saving after a new install.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.