Tagline appears twice

Featured Theme Forums Bootville Tagline appears twice

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  watski 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

watski
    Participant

I noticed my blog’s tagline appears twice. The answers I found when googling seem to point at the theme. Anyone seen this? My blog’s at http://johan.kanflo.com

Cheers,
    Johan

zeaks
    Keymaster

Hi Watski, another user reported this the other day and I haven’t had a chance to release an update yet but here’s how you can fix it.

— Open header.php and remove this line

<title><?php wp_title( '|', true, 'right' ); ?></title>

Save and close header.php

— Open functions.php and find the line that reads

add_theme_support( 'title-tag' );

Add this below it

if ( ! function_exists( '_wp_render_title_tag' ) ) {
     function bootville_render_title() {
     ?>
     <title><?php wp_title( '|', true, 'right' ); ?></title>
     <?php
     }
     add_action( 'wp_head', 'bootville_render_title' );
     }

Save and close function.php

zeaks
    Keymaster

I’m releasing an update now if you would rather simply update your theme.

watski
    Participant

Thanks! Strange thing though is that neither the manual fix nor the update solved the problem for me. Removing add_theme_support(…) from functions.php removes the tag line and changing the output of wp_title(…) in that same file yields no visible results. My WP admin panel shows version 1.3 of Bootville.

zeaks
    Keymaster

Could you show me where you’re seeing a double tagline? I don’t see it on your site, it was in the view source previously.

watski
    Participant

Oh, sorry. I guess I was not fully clear on that. The problem lies within the <title> tag.

zeaks
    Keymaster

The above fix should of taken care of the double title tag which was visible on single post pages when viewing the page source. When I view your site I see only the one title tag now, is there some place else you’re seeing it that it shouldn’t be? Please post a screenshot

watski
    Participant

zeaks
    Keymaster

I see it now sorry i missed it. Seems it’s an issue with Bootville the fix for Bootville Lite didn’t work for Bootville. I’ll look into it today and get it fixed asap.

watski
    Participant

No worries, I should have been more clear to start with :)

zeaks
    Keymaster

Ok, the new version should be active now. If you read the post I had up for a few minutes on how to fix it please disregard it, there was a few things that needed to be changed. Anyways it should be working properly now and backwards compatible.

The problem was the version of Underscores framework I used was made for WordPress 4.0 and title guidelines in WordrPress 4.1 changed, then again in 4.3, but it’s been updated accordingly now.

If you notice any other issues let me know, thanks!

watski
    Participant

Works like a charm, thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.