Replace Site Title and Tagline With Image

Featured Theme Forums Twenty Plus Pro Replace Site Title and Tagline With Image

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  evanwtasons 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lee Whitney
    Participant

Hello,
    I just purchased Twenty Twelve Plus Pro and started building my site. I’ve already added several modifications to the Custom CSS section in Theme options. I haven’t seen any tools in the theme that will let me replace the Site Title and Tagline with a custom logo so I added a line to the header.php file. I have two questions: First, will modifications made to the header.php file in the twenty-plus-pro folder create any problems for me in the future when upgrades or changes are made to the product? Secondly, I’ve outlined the method I used to replace the Site Title and Tagline with a custom logo below. Please let me know if there is a better or easier way to do this with Twenty Twelve Plus.

1.Disabled the Site Title and Tagline

2.Added a folder named images containing my logo .jpg to the twenty-plus-pro folder

3.Added the line below to the header.php file under

Zeaks
    Participant

If you’ve made changes to the template files they will be overwritten during an upgrade. It’s a good idea to make a copy of your header.php file or to make a note of changes you’ve made to it (just like you’ve done in this post)

If it’s working fine, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Adding a logo might be a useful option to add to this theme, I’ll consider adding it to the next version.

Lee Whitney
    Participant

I’ll keep backups of any files I make modifications in. As long as you give us a heads up before any upgrade, that should work. I think adding a logo option to the theme would be great for the users. Thanks for considering it and keep up the good work, I really like the theme.

evanwtasons
    Participant

Hi, I am glad to point you to the service that gives me good solution to the the same problems I have.. Try check this http://eatmywords.com/services/consulting/.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.