News Section Missing

Featured Theme Forums NomNom Theme News Section Missing

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Greg53 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Greg53
    Participant

Hi Zeak
    Thanks for the great work.
    I have a website at http://www.kgoc.org.uk which recently had a problem. I’ve updated the website but the new section displays the following:

Warning: include(/homepages/19/d315727924/htdocs/Karmann/wp-content/themes/NomNom/index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/19/d315727924/htdocs/Karmann/wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 74

Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘/homepages/19/d315727924/htdocs/Karmann/wp-content/themes/NomNom/index.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php5.5′) in /homepages/19/d315727924/htdocs/Karmann/wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 74

How do I get the news section back?
    Help appreciated. Thanks, Greg

zeaks
    Keymaster

Hi Greg, sorry for the late reply. Could you check the file permissions on wp-content/NomNom/index.php and also post your theme functions.php file to http://www.pastebin.com so I can have a look?

Greg53
    Participant

Hi Zeak
    Thanks for getting back.
    The permissions for the index.php file are w(0 200) . Not sure what that quite means but it looks different to all the other files.
    I’ve added the file code for functions.php into an account I’ve set up in pastebin.com. What do I do with it then so you can see it?
    Help appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Greg

zeaks
    Keymaster

Hi Greg, once you put your code on pastebin, just post the URL here and I’ll take a look.

The file permissions for that index.php file should be 644.

All directories should be 755 or 750.
    All files should be 644 or 640. Exception: wp-config.php should be 440 or 400 to prevent other users on the server from reading it.
    No directories should ever be given 777, even upload directories. Since the php process is running as the owner of the files, it gets the owners permissions and can write to even a 755 directory.

Most of what I’ve been reading about your error suggests your site has been hacked. This is why I want to look at your functions.php file to see if there is any malicious code there that could be causing this error.

Take a look at your home directory and make sure there are no suspicious directories or files in it, you can also ask your host support to check this for you.

Greg53
    Participant

Hi Zeak
    I’ve changed the index.php file permissions and posted the functions.php code on to pastebin.com at http://pastebin.com/wBe6820c
    Appreciate your help. Thanks, Greg

zeaks
    Keymaster

Looks like the file permission change fixed the problem. I see some extra code in functions.php at the bottom but I assume you added that for your forum

//------
    function test_modify_user_table( $column ) {
        $column['url'] = 'User Id';

return $column;
    }

add_filter( 'manage_users_columns', 'test_modify_user_table' );

function test_modify_user_table_row( $val, $column_name, $user_id ) {
        $user = get_userdata( $user_id );
        return $user_id;
    }

add_filter( 'manage_users_custom_column', 'test_modify_user_table_row', 10, 3 );
    if ( current_user_can('subscriber') && !current_user_can('upload_files') )
            add_action('admin_init', 'allow_contributor_uploads');

function allow_contributor_uploads() {
            $subscriber = get_role('subscriber');
            $subscriber->add_cap('upload_files');
    }
    add_theme_support( 'bbPress' );

Greg53
    Participant

Hi Zeak
    Looks back to normal. Many thanks for your help. Really appreciated it. Enjoy the summer.
    Cheers, Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.