Twenty Plus is a child theme of Twenty Twelve. Therefore it requires twenty twelve theme to be installed on your site for it to work.
After downloading your theme, visit the Admin section of your site, then click the “Appearance” link on the left, then “Themes” Click the “Install themes” tab, then click “Upload” Browse to your theme zip file and upload it. Once it’s uploaded click “Activate”
Setting it up
After installing Twenty Plus you’ll need to configure a few things. Because it’s a new theme, your header, menus, widgets etc will reset and need to be setup again.
– Visit Appearance > Widgets and setup your widgets.
– Visit Appearance > Menus and create or setup your menus, Twenty Plus has 2 menu areas, above and blow the header image.
– Visit Appearance > Header and select a header image if you plan to use one.
This theme uses a few different image sizes to display images such as slider images, excerpt thumbnails and thumbnails on the grid template.
Your theme probably does not have these image sizes so you might need to create them. Don’t worry, it’s easy to do.
– Head to Plugins > Add New and search for AJAX Thumbnail Rebuild. Install it and activate it.
– Visit Tools > Rebuild Thumbnails and run it once.
You can uninstall the plugin after it’s finished.
Depending on how many images you have on your website, it could take anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes to complete.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
The topic ‘Installation and Configuration’ is closed to new replies.