403 Forbidden access

Featured Theme Forums Bootville 403 Forbidden access

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zeaks 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bryn
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just installed Bootville & within the Bootville options when I hit save changes I get a “403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!” page pop up.

I’m a newbie to wordpress so all help is appreciated.

Bryn

zeaks
    Keymaster

Hi Bryn, please check your wordpress file permissions, sounds like they may be set wrong.

All files should be 664
    All folders should be 775

If you don’t know how to change file permissions send me an email using the contact form, link at the top of this site form and I can do it for you if needed.

bryn
    Participant

Zeaks,

So all files are set on 644
    All folders set on 755

So I have change of the Bootville permissions once I’ve done that is there anything I should do to get it to work?

zeaks
    Keymaster

If it’s working then find, if not then…
    You can also try clearing your browser cash, closing it then re-opening it.

Here’s an article that explains it better and also has something you can do with the .htaccess file, as well as disabling plugins, make sure you copy the contents of your current .htaccess onto a notepad file or something in case you need to revert back.

The error says the theme cannot access a file needed because it doesn’t have permission. That’s usually a problem with file permissions or .htaccess

If it’s still not working you might need to speak to your host or I can take a look for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.